- Wax your boards and head for the hills. Mount Southington, I-84 Exit 30 in Southington,
- Powder Ridge, I-91 Exits 17S/18N in Middlefield,
- and Mohawk Mountain, off Rte 4 in Cornwall, are great for learning to ski and feature night skiing.
- Ski Sundown in New Hartford also offers a short but extremely challenging mogul run. Warm up by the fire in Sundown’s base lodge or sip hot cider in Mount Southington’s lounge.
- Snowboard at Woodbury Ski & Racquet in Woodbury and test your skill on challenging courses.
- Enjoy the solitude of nature with cross country skiing at Winding Trails Cross Country Ski Center in Farmington
- or White Memorial Foundation in Litchfield.
For the down-to-basics individualist try ski touring at one of the 10 designated areas within the Connecticut State Parks