- Get away from the hustle and bustle of your daily routine with a visit to Allegra Farm & Horse-Drawn Carriage & Sleigh Museum, Rte. 82, East Haddam. Take a ride on an old fashioned horse-drawn carriage pulled by magnificent horses. You’ll enjoy their historic and educational programs.
- Drive Rte. 80 West towards Stony Creek and take a boat ride through the Thimble Islands. Enjoy a personal narration of the islands’ rich history, dating back to 1614.
- Make a reservation at a comfortable luxurious inn or B&B in Madison.
- Venture back to East Haddam for dinner at the Gelston House then catch a performance at Goodspeed Opera House, where nationally acclaimed musicals are performed in a historic Victorian theater on the Connecticut River.
- Next morning head to the nearby outlets, Clinton Crossing Premium Outlets,
- and Tanger Outlet Center in Westbrook,
- or head over to Pinchbeck’s Rose Farm in Guilford. Started in 1929, their greenhouses are the largest in the world.
DRIVING TIP: Approximate driving distance between furthest points (1 to 8) is 33 miles.
Allegra Farm & Horse-Drawn Carriage & Sleigh Museum
Experience a working livery stable as it was in the 1800s. Antique carriages in Coach House. Hay and sleigh rides, country carriage rides, marshmallow roasts, bon fires. Historic and educational programs, restoration and wheelwright shop.
Goodspeed Opera House
Nationally acclaimed musicals performed in a historic Victorian theater overlooking the Connecticut River.
Clinton Crossing Premium Outlets
70 famous name outlet stores all in one place.
Tanger Outlet Center
Over 65 famous name outlet stores all in one place