- Start in Norwalk and board the ferry for a tour of the Sheffield Island Lighthouse.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch from Jimmy’s of Savin Rock (order in advance) at Lighthouse Point in New Haven and savor the history of maritime Connecticut with a visit to Black Rock Fort and Fort Nathan Hale.
- Following U.S. 1 north to Branford, and head down to the water to ride the mail boat and learn the history of the Thimble Islands.
- I-95 north will lead you to the shopping outlets in Clinton and Westbrook. For a real treat, have dinner at one of the many seafood restaurants on route 1.
- Look out to the Sound from the Lynde Point Lighthouse in Old Saybrook.
- Visit the Crystal Mall in Waterford for a “lighting” experience.
- Cruise around New London Ledge Lighthouse and see if you can spot the local ghost.
- Just east of Mystic is Stonington village where fresh fish is caught daily and you can climb to the top of the Stonington Lighthouse Museum.
DRIVING TIP: Approximate driving distance between furthest points (1 & 8) is 107 miles.
Sheffield Island Lighthouse
Picturesque boat ride to the three-acre park with picnic area and 1868 lighthouse that has four levels and 10 rooms to explore. Clambakes and special events on the island. Adjacent to the Stewart B. McKinney U.S. Fish & Wildlife Refuge.
Lighthouse Point Park
82-acre park on Long Island Sound; swimming, natural history displays (by appt. only), nature trails, picnic grove, bird sanctuary and antique carousel.
Clinton Crossing Premium Outlets
70 famous name outlet stores all in one place.
Tanger Outlet Center
Over 65 famous name outlet stores all in one place
Over 125 specialty shops.