Empower. Design. Build. Share. Repeat.
Welcome to our circle of Community Builders.
As a Community Builder, you too are a catalyst for innovation.
When you become a Community Builder you join a small circle of strategic thinkers and doers who are committed to helping Architecture for Humanity grow. You see the impact of our work first hand. You meet others who share your belief in the power of design. And like us, you learn by doing.
The Site Visit
As a Community Builder you will have the opportunity to participate in yearly site visits of completed projects and projects in progress.
Each trip you will travel with Architecture for Humanity design team members and fellow Community Builders to a different part of the world to see our work first hand. You’ll gain a broader understanding of the challenges faced by the communities with which we work and exchange ideas directly with community leaders making a difference.
- Annual site visit to one of our projects. See our work in person and be an active part of building sustainable communities around the world.
- Architecture for Humanity business cards for your use as an advocate for building sustainable communities around the world.
- Access to Community Builders Online Network to communicate and make connections with fellow Community Builders.
- One-on-one weekly conversations with industry leaders working on the cutting edge of community design: Talk to community designers, social entrepreneurs, materials manufacturers and others.
- Serve as an adviser for our open design initiatives such as the Open Architecture challenge and the second volume of Design Like You Give a Damn.
- Sponsor a Design Fellowship in your name. The first $20,000 will be used to put a Design Fellow in the field and we will name their fellowship after you.
- Sponsor a Chapter Network. Support our volunteer chapter members to be an active part of building sustainable communities locally.
- Community Builders will be recognized on our website, our Annual Reports and other special events.