Who is a team leader?
Anyone can choose to be a team leader! A team leader is someone in the workplace who helps to raise awareness about Bike to Work Week and motivates co-workers to participate. You can find posters, tips, and other resources here to share with your team.
How to get started:
- Register your company or department.
- Encourage your co-workers to join you! Here’s a motivational letter you can display in the lunch room.
- Consider hosting a cycling skills workshop for employees.
- Get your company involved:
- Talk to them about organizing prizes and challenges for your workplace team.
- Hold an information meeting at lunch and use this BtWW How-to presentation to help sign up teammates
- Organize a breakfast or lunch to celebrate your team’s accomplishments.
- Talk to your employer about creating safe bike storage.
- Make a Bike to Work Week display. Does your workplace have a bulletin board where events and workplace wellness information is posted? Download a Bike to Work poster
- Organize a route-planning session for co-workers who have never tried cycling to work. Partnering new cyclists with an experienced rider who lives nearby is a great way to reduce fears and apprehension, plus it fosters team spirit!
- Monitor your team’s participation on the View Results tab of the Commute Tracker tool. This gives you up-to-the-minute results on which team and organization is winning, so you can go for your Organization award and motivate your teams to be the best!