We approach design from the ground up. Design is the expression of a community’s vision for change. The design process encourages community groups to set goals and work together to achieve them. By celebrating small victories along the way, community members are empowered to become stakeholders and to pursue larger long-term goals.
Benefits of Community Design:
- Environmentally and culturally appropriate design.
- The removal of typical barriers to participation, such as formal hearings or inconvenient locations.
- Communication between different sectors and interests in the community, including government organizations, religious organizations and individuals.
- The ability to convey complex ideas simply to expert and non-expert participants alike through the use of graphics and 3-D models and other visual presentations.
- The prioritization of issues by and with those most affected by the decision-making process
- Opportunities for skills training and advancement.
- Greater local capacity for decision-making and economic development.